Compass Asset Management is committed to providing the highest level of security to its platform users
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets businesses know when you visit a particular website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. Cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor the pages that you find useful and tailor our website to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use a number of cookies to provide you and other users with our products and services via our
website and trading platform.
We categorize our cookies into the following groups:
Essential: these are cookies that are essential to the functioning of our website and our
products and services. An “essential function” includes enabling you to complete trading
account applications, remembering your login details, initiating webchat with our support
team, or other website functionality. If you disable these cookies you won’t be able to fully
access our trading platform.
Analytical: These cookies are set by us or our third-party analytics providers and allow us to
record certain information about you, such as the pages you visit on our website, how many
times you visit and the links that you click on. We use this type of cookie to understand how
our visitors use our website, enabling us to tailor the website to your personal preferences
and ensuring that it’s optimized to remove confusing or ineffective content.
Marketing/targeting: these cookies can track your browsing history and online activities
across websites to create a profile of your activities and interests. They don’t directly store
personal information – they’re based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device
only. We share this information with our third-party marketing partners to enable us to serve
you with relevant advertising when you visit other sites (e.g. to remind you of products or
services that you might have shown an interest in or to provide you with special offers). We
also work with third parties who may place cookies on your web browser to enable us and
other advertisers to serve you with advertising based on your browsing and online search
The cookies used by our websites:
• Do not store any personal data such as passwords
• Do not access any other information stored on your computer
• Do not compromise the security of your device(s)
• Do allow us to provide a service through which people can access their trading account(s)
• Do allow us to monitor the number of people using our website
• Do allow us to see how people arrive at our website (for example, via search engine or via
• Do allow us to gather technical information about people using our website, such as their
geographical location and the type of web browsers they are using
• Do allow us to display advertisements on other websites to people who’ve previously
accessed our websites (for example, banner ads). We can’t identify the individuals who are
served with these ads
• Do allow us to display content on our websites that are more relevant to you and your
preferences, based on the information we hold and your behavior on our website
• Do allow our website to recall certain settings and preferences to make it easier to use our
How to manage your Cookie Preferences
You can manage your cookie preferences for analytical and marketing cookies:
• on our website; and
• through your browser settings.
Please be aware that if you choose not to accept cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of our website or our trading platform.
Managing cookies on our website
If you want to restrict or block the cookies on our site, you can do this through our Cookies Preference
Centre by clicking on the ‘Manage Preferences’ button on our homepage (www.CompassAssetManagement.co).
To restrict Marketing cookies, deselect the ‘Marketing Cookies’ checkbox and click ‘Save Settings’.
To restrict Analytical cookies, deselect the ‘Analytical Cookies’ checkbox and click ‘Save Settings’.
Deselecting Analytical cookies will also deselect Marketing cookies.
Essential cookies cannot be disabled.
Managing cookies using your browser settings
• At the top right of your browser, click the three vertical dots, then ‘settings’
• Scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘advanced’
• Under ‘privacy and security, click ‘site settings’
• To enable cookies, head to the cookies section and tick ‘allow sites to save and read cookie
data (recommended)’. This option enables both first and third-party cookies
• To allow only Pepperstone cookies, enable ‘Block third-party cookies’
• To disable cookies, click ‘see all cookies and site data, then click ‘remove all’
• There are multiple levels of cookie enablement in Chrome. For more information, click here
• In the menu bar, select ‘Safari’, then choose ‘preferences’
• Click on ‘Privacy’
• To prevent trackers from using cookies to track you, select ‘prevent cross-site tracking’
• To disable cookies, select ‘Block all cookies’
• For more information, click here.
Microsoft Internet Explorer (versions 9-11)
• Select ‘Tools’ from the top of your browser’s window
• Choose ‘Internet Options’
• Navigate to the ‘Privacy’ tab
• Click ‘Advanced’. Here you can choose to ‘Accept’ ‘Block’ or ‘Prompt’ both first and third-party
• To disable cookies, tick ‘Block’
• There are multiple levels of cookie enablement in Internet Explorer. For more information,
• Click the three dots (…) at the top right of your browser
• Choose ‘settings’ and then ‘View advanced settings’
• Under ‘cookies’ choose either ‘don’t block cookies’ or ‘Block only third party cookies’
• To disable cookies, click ‘Block all cookies’
• There are multiple levels of cookie enablement in Edge. For more information, click here.
• Click the menu button and choose ‘content blocking’
• If ‘standard’ is selected, you are currently enabling cookies
• To block cookies, select ‘custom’ and click ‘cookies’ before selecting an option
• There are multiple levels of cookie enablement in Firefox. For more information, click here.
To find out more about how you can block, delete or manage cookies, please visit
If you have any questions or concerns please E-mail: [email protected]